Saturday, May 13, 2006

Day 5: The Trouble With Skinny Teenagers

My teenager is quite skinny, so he doesn't need to think about his weight. Which makes it difficult when he wants something that I shouldn't have. Like chips. OK I know that cheese snacks (or whatever they are called) aren't chips but I put them in the same category. (Because if I have one I have to have the whole bag. Or half the bag if I am sharing them with my SS (skinny son)).

When I asked him if he wanted anything from the store, he said that we hadn't had chips for awhile. I gave him the news that I wasn't going to buy any because I would want to eat them. Being the smart teenager that he is, he said that he could eat them in his room and hide the rest. Like I don't know every place in his room where a bag of chips would fit.

I was at the store and I saw these, and they were on sale and really cheap. So I gave in and bought him a bag. I told him though that he couldn't eat them at home but could take them with him when he went to his friend's on Sunday. Well, one of his friends came over yesterday and SS wanted something to munch on, so I suggested they could eat the cheese snacks.

I have never noticed before how strong smelling they are. And they were so tempting when I was taking their photo. Just lying there waiting for me to stuff put them in my mouth. But I didn't eat one! Not a single one. But I am wondering where the bag is hidden...

I should also think of his health in the future too, and not buy them for him either. (He can get them elsewhere and I won't be contributing to his eating as much junk food.)

No comments: