Saturday, May 20, 2006

Day 12: Catching Up

OK so I've missed a few entries but who cares? Who else would be interested in my chewing? I must admit that I feel silly praising myself an hour or so after I have finished eating for remembering that I'm suppose to chew more. Though I did remember to chew while I was eating yesterday's supper. Progress!

I made red lentil soup. It was scrumptious. I could image being a vegetarian if all my meals tasted like this (without the chicken broth, of course). Why then does chocolate dominate my brain? Why can't I eat healthy things like this instead of junk?





Red Lentil Soup
1 litre water
1 vegetable broth cube
1 chicken broth cube
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 large potatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove (or more if you like)
1 large mushroom, chopped
Cook these for awhile and then add
2.5 dl red lentils
curry to taste
chili to taste
black pepper to taste
Cook until carrots and red lentils are done.

I went to the chip section in the store because my SS told me that he had seen salt and vinegar there. I was sure that he was mistaken because they haven't had it in a few years but I had to find out. I don't know if I would have bought them if they had had some, but fortunately they didn't. Confession time – I checked out all of the grocery stores around. I couldn't get the taste out of my mind.

No comments: