Thursday, June 22, 2006

Day 45: English Muffins

I haven't been able to be on the computer very much, so this week's step is late. What can I take away? There are so many things but I think I need to work more on the steps that I have already taken. So I think that I will avoid sugared soft drinks (which I already do, but I'll try harder).

I made English Muffins. I don't know if it was the recipe, or that I wasn't able to make them when the rising time was over, but they were quite dense. But as you can see, we ate them anyway. Or at least I ate them anyway because my SS doesn't know what they are suppose to be like!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. You have an interesting blog here. I responded to you question on my blog.
I read your english muffin problem, as a baker and knowing that the englisg muffins require yeast I believe your problem is with the yeast. You may not have "proofed" it long enough (made sure it got nice and bubbly in the beginning before adding your flour. Or your water was to cold to allow the dough to rise in the time your recipe said to allow it to arise. Always make sure the dough gets to rise fully doubled before shaping and working with it... no matter how long it takes (just make sure it doesn't dry out.)

The mead looks good, I'd love to be directed to a recipe! With rhubard if you are looking for a sweeter flavor without the calories... try KAL brand stevia, it's the best (non bitter) stevia I have found. It can be used in baking as well as drinks, etc.

http://thebakehouse.blogspot.com/