Thursday, July 6, 2006

Day 59: Look What I Bought

I have been meaning to repair my bread machine pan (either get the bread pan seal in myself but if it didn't work then buy a new one) but I was sure that if I try to find someone who stocks parts for this old machine that they would be expensive. I don't like kneading and have used the bread machine for that also.

I was at the recycling centre, looking for a glass lid for 2 of my casserole dishes that have never had lids, when what do I see on the floor? It looked like the correct size and felt like the same weight. They don't have prices on things there, so I went to ask. The man looked at it for a while and then asked what it was. After I told him he looked at it for a long time and I was thinking €€€€. Then he said € 0,30. Can you believe that! That's about 38 cents American and 43 cents Canadian and the tax is included. When I got home I looked up the price for a breadpan seal and one site had them for $USD 17.99. Repeat JUST FOR THE SEAL! Doesn't take much to make me happy! Of course I'm left with the extra pan, but I might need it too.

This week's step is to stop buying blue cheese. I don't even know why I really buy it because, though I like the first few bites each time, the rest of the package tastes so strong

No comments: