Saturday, August 26, 2006

Day 110: I'm Still Here

I haven't been very active! I also haven't been very productive with my steps! Though I still haven't eaten any chips and it has been 110 days! Good for me.

I've been baking though. Here are some coconut oatmeal cookies.








SS takes a snack to school everyday because his day is so long. I've been trying to come up with things that will last out of the fridge for about 9 – 10 hours before he can eat them on the way home. I've been making muffins and loaves. This is a pineapple loaf.





This is black currant jam. I didn't want to make any jam as we still have some from last year but I felt bad that the owner of the black currant bushes isn't able to freeze them herself because she still hasn't bought a new freezer because she is going to remodel her kitchen and doesn't know yet what color scheme she will use. Last year I made two batches. One had water as the recipes called for but when I noticed that the berries had so much juice I didn't use any in the second batch. I didn't use any this year either. But I did use jam sugar because the strawberry jam turned out so well with it but the black currant jam didn't taste as nice as last year's.

No comments: