Saturday, May 26, 2007

Oatmeal Brownies

I recently heard that someone I know was diagnosed with celiac disease. I haven't heard from her since she told me so I don't know how strict her diet will be. I've heard that some people with celiac disease can eat oats so I was trying to find something I could make if she can eat them. I came across a recipe for Oat Flour Brownies. I had to change some ingredients because I didn't have them and I don't know if I can get them here.

Oatmeal Brownies

3 dl oatmeal (ground in food processor until flour-like)

1 tsp baking powder

dash salt

1 dl cocoa powder

2 dl sugar

1 tsp vanilla sugar

1 dl oil

2 eggs


Grind oatmeal in food processor. Pour into a bowl and add baking powder, salt, sifted cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla sugar and then mix together. Beat in oil and eggs until just blended. Pour into a greased pan. Bake at 175 C for 30 to 40 minutes.


This is how the oatmeal looked before and after I ground it in the food processor.


Chipless: 1 Year, 18 days

Candyless: 18 days

Chocolatefree Mondays: 18

Chocolatefree Fridays: 10

No comments: